PM`s foreign trips come under BJP attack
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday came under attack from BJP which alleged his love for foreign visits, especially to the US, has led to a loss of valuable funds from the exchequer.
Asked about the frequent foreign visits of Prime Minister Singh, BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said "he has lived abroad for several years for his livelihood as he was employed abroad. The Prime Minister`s love for foreign countries, especially for the US, is well-known."
Naqvi maintained the cash-for-vote case, which was aimed at winning the trust vote in Lok Sabha on the civil nuclear deal in 2008, and the 100 per cent FDI in multi-brand retail issues show Singh`s "fondness" for the US.
"The Prime Minister had put all his might to get these cleared in Parliament," he said.
The main opposition wondered how the PM has been travelling abroad so often at a time when UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi has been talking about austerity.
Nobody in the government, other than the Petroleum Minister M Veerappa Moily who took the metro one day, has taken any austerity step.
Naqvi said since Prime Minister Singh is travelling to Russia and China, it would not be proper to say much.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur