PM`s invitation to Pak leaders has sent right message: Soni
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s
invitation to Pakistani leaders to watch the Indo-Pak cricket
encounter in Mohali has sent the right message to people of
the two countries, Union Minister Ambika Soni said on Saturday.
"By inviting the Pakistani President and Prime Minister
for the World Cup semi-final, the Prime Minister has taken a
big initiative," Soni told reporters here.
Asked about the traditional cricket rivalry, she said,
"One team will win and one will lose, but they should play in
a sporting manner. As an Indian I will support my team but as
a minister I will say may the best team win."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?