PM`s special envoy meets Nawaz Sharif in Lahore
New Delhi: Former ambassador and the Prime Minister`s Special Envoy, Satinder K Lambah, Monday met Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief and prime minister-designate Nawaz Sharif in Lahore.
Lambah`s Lahore visit is a follow-up to the conversation between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Sharif on May 12, after the latter`s electoral win.
"Special Envoy Lambah conveyed to Mian Nawaz Sharif Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh`s greetings and good wishes for his tenure as prime minister of Pakistan," said a statement issued by the Prime Minister`s Office here.
Sharif "conveyed his deep appreciation for Prime Minister Singh`s message. They took the opportunity to discuss ways to take the dialogue process forward to address all issues of concern to the two countries and to advance peace, friendship and cooperation between the two South Asian neighbours", the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez