`PM`s US visit to strengthen global non-proliferation regime`
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh`s visit to the US next month to attend a Nuclear
Security Summit will strengthen the global non-proliferation
regime, Union Minister Shashi Tharoor on Monday said.
Singh will meet US President Barack Obama during the
visit and discuss issues on bilateral relations.
"Prime Minister will be there to strengthen the
nuclear non-proliferation regime in the world," Minister of
State for External Affairs Tharoor said at a function to mark
the launch of Indo-American Friendship Association.
The Summit, called by Obama, is slated to be held on
Tharoor said the Indo-US relation has been growing
significantly in the last few years and Obama has described it
as one of the defining relationships of 21st century.
He said India and the US share a number of common
things as both are democracies and both promote multi-
India and the US are collaborating in several areas,
including health, education, science and space research.
Tharoor harped on people-to-people contact is an
important aspect and hoped the newly formed organisation
would undertake activities to promote such relationships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- BJP seeks FIR against Akhilesh, police officers for lathicharge
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive
- Shatrughan Sinha lauds Sonakshi's devotion to work
- Shaktikanta Das attending Saarc FMs meet, instead of Jaitley: Official