`PM`s US visit to strengthen global non-proliferation regime`
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh`s visit to the US next month to attend a Nuclear
Security Summit will strengthen the global non-proliferation
regime, Union Minister Shashi Tharoor on Monday said.
Singh will meet US President Barack Obama during the
visit and discuss issues on bilateral relations.
"Prime Minister will be there to strengthen the
nuclear non-proliferation regime in the world," Minister of
State for External Affairs Tharoor said at a function to mark
the launch of Indo-American Friendship Association.
The Summit, called by Obama, is slated to be held on
Tharoor said the Indo-US relation has been growing
significantly in the last few years and Obama has described it
as one of the defining relationships of 21st century.
He said India and the US share a number of common
things as both are democracies and both promote multi-
India and the US are collaborating in several areas,
including health, education, science and space research.
Tharoor harped on people-to-people contact is an
important aspect and hoped the newly formed organisation
would undertake activities to promote such relationships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!