PoK truckers threaten to disrupt cross-LoC bus service
Islamabad: Notwithstanding an agreement between India and Pakistan to resume the cross-LoC bus service from Monday, a truckers association in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir have threatened to block it until all drivers return from the Indian side.
The Jhelum Valley Goods Transport Union held a sit-in outside the press club in PoK capital Muzaffarabad yesterday, a day after officials of the two countries met at Kaman Post to resolve the stand-off arising from the arrest of a Pakistani driver on charges of smuggling narcotics.
The Union threatened to disrupt the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus service until over 40 drivers from the Pakistani side return from Jammu and Kashmir, the Dawn reported today.
The meeting along the Line of Control (LoC) between officials of the two sides agreed to resume the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus service from next Monday, a senior government official said in Srinagar on Thursday.
PoK authorities suspended trade and travel across the LoC on January 17 after the arrest of the Pakistani driver and demanded his release. They also stopped 27 Indian drivers with their trucks.
Over 110 packets of narcotics were recovered from the Pakistani vehicle at Salamabad Trade facilitation centre earlier this month.
Hectic diplomatic parleys are on between the two countries to resolve the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down
- Raj Thackeray defies SC order, MNS ties Dahi-Handi at 49 feet in Thane
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- SHOCKING: DySP forces women trainees to mention their period dates, makes fun of pregnant cadet