PoK truckers threaten to disrupt cross-LoC bus service
Islamabad: Notwithstanding an agreement between India and Pakistan to resume the cross-LoC bus service from Monday, a truckers association in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir have threatened to block it until all drivers return from the Indian side.
The Jhelum Valley Goods Transport Union held a sit-in outside the press club in PoK capital Muzaffarabad yesterday, a day after officials of the two countries met at Kaman Post to resolve the stand-off arising from the arrest of a Pakistani driver on charges of smuggling narcotics.
The Union threatened to disrupt the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus service until over 40 drivers from the Pakistani side return from Jammu and Kashmir, the Dawn reported today.
The meeting along the Line of Control (LoC) between officials of the two sides agreed to resume the Srinagar-Muzaffarabad bus service from next Monday, a senior government official said in Srinagar on Thursday.
PoK authorities suspended trade and travel across the LoC on January 17 after the arrest of the Pakistani driver and demanded his release. They also stopped 27 Indian drivers with their trucks.
Over 110 packets of narcotics were recovered from the Pakistani vehicle at Salamabad Trade facilitation centre earlier this month.
Hectic diplomatic parleys are on between the two countries to resolve the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!