"Polarisation, radicalisation" RSS, BJP policy: Tewari
New Delhi: Union Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday launched an attack on Opposition BJP, accusing the party of polarising and radicalising the people from the time of Mahatma Gandhi`s assassination to the Gujarat riots.
"From Gandhi`s assassination to Gujarat pogrom, RSS/BJP responsible for polarisation and radicalisation - allows frenemy`s to fish in troubled waters," Tewari said in a tweet today on micro-blogging site `twitter.Com`.
"Frenemy" is described as someone who is both a friend and an enemy.
Tewari`s comments came against the backdrop of Rahul Gandhi`s controversial statement about Pakistani intelligence agencies being allegedly in touch with the victims of the Muzaffarnagar riots, which BJP has slammed.
Slamming Rahul for the above remarks, BJP had asked him to either provide proof to back his statements or apologise.
Rahul, the Congress Vice-President, had earlier alleged that BJP was playing divisive politics for electoral gains.
Gujarat CM Narendra Modi, who is BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate, during a rally at Jhansi in Uttar Pradesh, had dared Rahul to either reveal the identities of those whom he had claimed were in touch with ISI or apologise for levelling "serious allegations" and "defaming" the entire community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP