Police close to cracking Delhi ‘parcel’ body case
New Delhi: The woman whose body was
parcelled to Ajmer from here remained unidentified on Monday even
as two more families from the city approached police to check
whether she was related to them.
A family from Jalandhar, which came to the capital
after seeing media reports about the woman`s body, told
police that she was not related to them after examining the
Investigators, meanwhile, stepped up their efforts to
identify the person who booked the parcel to Ajmer. Police
said they were trying to locate the rickshaw puller who
brought the body to the parcel office.
"We are trying to draw a sketch of the rickshaw
puller with the help of parcel office staff. If we can locate
him, it will be of great help in solving the case," the
Investigators believe that the woman, aged around 25
years, was tortured and then murdered.
"She bore burn injuries and there were stab wounds on
her body. We are yet to identify her," a senior police
The body was parcelled by Milap Transport Roadlines
from Lahori Gate to its branch in Kishangarh in Ajmer by an
unidentified person. The sender has identified himself as `B`
and it has to be received by himself.
A Rajasthan Police team is camping for investigations
while Delhi Police is assisting them.
The body was discovered by workers of the
transportation company on April 8 in their Ajmer office after
foul smell started emanating from the parcel.
"The transportation company was negligent in handling
the parcel. They have not entered the name of the sender and
receiver properly in its register," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi