Police crackdown at Ramlila Ground injures 100
New Delhi: The pre-dawn police crackdown to end yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s anti-corruption protest left at least 100 people injured, a hospital official said on Sunday.
"Around 100 people are injured, out of which 71 are critically injured. Many have suffered wounds on their limbs," a medical official at the LNJP Hospital`s disaster ward said.
"As many thronged the hospital after midnight, it was difficult to manage them," the official added.
The LNJP is the hospital closest to the Ramlila Ground, from where police forcibly removed Ramdev after midnight and dispersed his supporters using batons and tear gas.
According to a Delhi police official, some of the injured were also admitted to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and the Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons