Police crackdown at Ramlila Ground injures 100
New Delhi: The pre-dawn police crackdown to end yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s anti-corruption protest left at least 100 people injured, a hospital official said on Sunday.
"Around 100 people are injured, out of which 71 are critically injured. Many have suffered wounds on their limbs," a medical official at the LNJP Hospital`s disaster ward said.
"As many thronged the hospital after midnight, it was difficult to manage them," the official added.
The LNJP is the hospital closest to the Ramlila Ground, from where police forcibly removed Ramdev after midnight and dispersed his supporters using batons and tear gas.
According to a Delhi police official, some of the injured were also admitted to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and the Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- 'Befikre' Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor's latest STILL will make you standstill!
- Mars had climate suitable for life four billion years ago
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch
- Afzal Guru event: JNU panel holds 21 students 'guilty of indiscipline'; no relief to Umar, Anirban
- Water shortage may have led to demise of Maya civilisation