Police crackdown at Ramlila Ground injures 100
New Delhi: The pre-dawn police crackdown to end yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s anti-corruption protest left at least 100 people injured, a hospital official said on Sunday.
"Around 100 people are injured, out of which 71 are critically injured. Many have suffered wounds on their limbs," a medical official at the LNJP Hospital`s disaster ward said.
"As many thronged the hospital after midnight, it was difficult to manage them," the official added.
The LNJP is the hospital closest to the Ramlila Ground, from where police forcibly removed Ramdev after midnight and dispersed his supporters using batons and tear gas.
According to a Delhi police official, some of the injured were also admitted to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and the Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites