Police crackdown at Ramlila Ground injures 100
New Delhi: The pre-dawn police crackdown to end yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s anti-corruption protest left at least 100 people injured, a hospital official said on Sunday.
"Around 100 people are injured, out of which 71 are critically injured. Many have suffered wounds on their limbs," a medical official at the LNJP Hospital`s disaster ward said.
"As many thronged the hospital after midnight, it was difficult to manage them," the official added.
The LNJP is the hospital closest to the Ramlila Ground, from where police forcibly removed Ramdev after midnight and dispersed his supporters using batons and tear gas.
According to a Delhi police official, some of the injured were also admitted to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and the Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday