Police crackdown at Ramlila Ground injures 100
New Delhi: The pre-dawn police crackdown to end yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s anti-corruption protest left at least 100 people injured, a hospital official said on Sunday.
"Around 100 people are injured, out of which 71 are critically injured. Many have suffered wounds on their limbs," a medical official at the LNJP Hospital`s disaster ward said.
"As many thronged the hospital after midnight, it was difficult to manage them," the official added.
The LNJP is the hospital closest to the Ramlila Ground, from where police forcibly removed Ramdev after midnight and dispersed his supporters using batons and tear gas.
According to a Delhi police official, some of the injured were also admitted to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and the Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience