Police detain 3 teenagers for throwing stones at Rahul`s train
Gharaunda (Haryana): Three teenagers were detained on Thursday for allegedly throwing stones at a train in which Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi was traveling on Tuesday evening, police said.
"Based on our investigation, today (Thursday) we have detained three teenagers from Gharaunda village for questioning. The railway guard had said that the miscreants were in the age group of 16-17 years. So we are focusing on youngsters in the neighbouring villages," Inspector General of Police (Rohtak) V Kamaraj said.
The official ruled out the possibility of political parties being involved in the incident.
"Not at all, there is no political party involved in it. However, our investigation is still under progress and very soon we will nab the accused," Kamraj said.
State police had launched a massive manhunt for a group of young men who allegedly threw stones at the Swarn Shatabdi Express in which Gandhi was travelling from Ludhiana to New Delhi. He took a train instead of the usual helicopter ride as part of austerity measures initiated by Congress leaders.
Though no one was injured in the train attack, three coaches, C-2, C-4 and C-7, were damaged.
One stone pierced the twin glass window of the Shatabdi Express and landed inside coach C-4. The glass panes of two other coaches suffered damages.
However, none of the stones hit the C-3 coach in which Rahul Gandhi was seated, near the window.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe