Police file report against Prashant Bhushan
New Delhi: The Delhi Police Monday filed a report in a complaint against lawyer and erstwhile Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan for an allegedly seditious speech on Kashmir saying that they will follow the court`s direction.
The police filed the report before Metropolitan Magistrate Purshotam Pathak and said that the alleged speech by Bhushan was given in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
"The police is ready and willing to abide by any direction which the court may choose to pass in the matter," said a police officer.
The court was hearing a private complaint filed by a law student, Vibhor Anand, who is seeking directions from the court to register a case of sedition against Prashant Bhushan for his remarks on Kashmir made Sep 26, 2011.
The complainant said Bhushan made the comments with "a malafide intention and sole motive to create panic among the masses and to disturb the constitutional set-up".
Anand added that Bhushan made provocative statements, which were anti-national, mischievous and clearly intended to cause public disorder and uproar in Kashmir and other parts of the nation.
The law student, who runs an NGO providing legal aid to people, has also filed a case against erstwhile Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal and yoga guru Baba Ramdev for making objectionable speeches aimed at lowering the reputation of parliament.
The court has fixed the matter for Oct 15 for further consideration.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy