Police file report against Prashant Bhushan
New Delhi: The Delhi Police Monday filed a report in a complaint against lawyer and erstwhile Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan for an allegedly seditious speech on Kashmir saying that they will follow the court`s direction.
The police filed the report before Metropolitan Magistrate Purshotam Pathak and said that the alleged speech by Bhushan was given in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
"The police is ready and willing to abide by any direction which the court may choose to pass in the matter," said a police officer.
The court was hearing a private complaint filed by a law student, Vibhor Anand, who is seeking directions from the court to register a case of sedition against Prashant Bhushan for his remarks on Kashmir made Sep 26, 2011.
The complainant said Bhushan made the comments with "a malafide intention and sole motive to create panic among the masses and to disturb the constitutional set-up".
Anand added that Bhushan made provocative statements, which were anti-national, mischievous and clearly intended to cause public disorder and uproar in Kashmir and other parts of the nation.
The law student, who runs an NGO providing legal aid to people, has also filed a case against erstwhile Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal and yoga guru Baba Ramdev for making objectionable speeches aimed at lowering the reputation of parliament.
The court has fixed the matter for Oct 15 for further consideration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what