Police may send Hyderabad blasts footage to Mumbai labs
Hyderabad: With the footage obtained from a CCTV camera near the site of twin bomb blasts apparently not yielding any credible clues, the Andhra Pradesh police are now mulling to rope in advanced film processing labs in Mumbai in a bid to harvest the images of suspected bombers.
16 persons were killed and 117 injured when two explosions, separated by minutes, rocked Dilsukh Nagar area in the city last Thursday.
The footage, captured by a CCTV camera installed in vicinity of the blasts site, of three persons lurking nearby a bicycle, believed to be strapped with explosives, is not clear enough, sources said on Monday.
"The footage sent to a film laboratory in the city failed to provide any headway (in the probe). The quality of the picture could not be improved. So the footage may be sent to some film labs which have advanced technology at their disposal", an official told PTI.
Stepping up their investigations, the police have started collecting the call data transmitted through mobile phone towers located in the vicinity of Dilshuknagar prior to the explosions.
According to sources, investigators are of the view that the blasts were not triggered by remote control but a timer device.
"It is difficult to use remote control for triggering the second blast as the first explosion would have disturbed waves and frequency. It would have made the second explosion difficult. So the bombs might have been triggered by a timer", sources said.
Intensifying the probe, police have collected guest registers of some hotels and lodges around the blasts area and are verifying credentials of the occupants.
Police are yet to achieve a breakthrough even as 15 teams comprising officials from Hyderabad and Cyberabad police are carrying out investigations into the blasts, besides the National Investigation Agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre