Police piece together sequence of Ponty Chadha`s bloody shootout
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Monday finally managed to piece together the sequence of events leading to the deaths of liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his younger brother Hardeep in a bloody shootout in their luxurious farmhouse in south Delhi Saturday.
A team of forensic and ballistic experts reached in the morning the sprawling 12 acre Rs 200 crore farmhouse in Chhattarpur area -- which is dotted with farmhouses of the rich and powerful.
A news agency has tried to reconstruct the sequence of events that occurred on the fateful Saturday when the two brothers, locked in a property dispute, opened indiscriminate firing at each other. Some family members have, however, denied the police claims that the bloodbath was the result of a property dispute gone awry.
According to the First Information Report (FIR) filed by Ponty Chadha`s family friend Sukhdev Singh Namdhari, it was Hardeep Chadha who started firing from a pistol. The younger brother, in his 30s, first opened fire at his elder brother`s security manager Narendra, who is now undergoing treatment.
Namdhari, who is Uttarakhand Minority Commission chairman, in his police complaint said he had come to meet Ponty Chadha at his farmhouse number 21 in Chhattarpur at 9:30 am and then left for the disputed farmhouse No 42, which is not far off, in their Land Cruiser car.
When Narendra, who went along with Ponty and Namdhari in the car, started unlocking the gates of the disputed farmhouse, Hardeep Chadha with his personal security guards (PSO) also showed up and opened fire at him.
But, according to police, after investigations they have found that Hardeep was actually attending a meeting in Noida, adjoining Delhi, when he was informed by his security guards that his elder brother had entered the disputed property. Hardeep then rushed to the farmhouse where heated argument erupted between the two brothers.
Police investigations also showed that Narendra tried to intervene in the argument that led an angry Hardeep to open fire.
But in the police complaint written by Namdhari, he mentioned that Hardeep was with his gunmen and personal security officer when they reached the disputed farmhouse -- over which the two brothers were fighting for ownership.
According to Namdhari`s version, after injuring Narendra, Hardeep then came towards them and started firing indiscriminately at Ponty who was getting out of the car.
Namdhari ducked behind the car to avoid being hit by the bullets.
The FIR also stated that the gunner of Namdhari, Sachin Tyagi, who he claimed was provided by Uttarakhand government, opened fire in defence.
As Hardeep`s gunners continued firing, the younger brother entered the farmhouse.
But, the police are still probing whether only Hardeep opened fire or whether his PSOs were also involved in the shootout that resulted in the death of the two brothers.
Police are also investigating who all were involved in the firing.
Namdhari said that with the help of his driver, he rushed the profusely bleeding bullet-riddled Ponty to Fortis Hospital in Vasant Kunj where he was declared dead.
After the bloodbath, when the police reached the spot at 12.20 pm, they found Hardeep`s body.
The police also found several weapons, including AK-47, two pistols, bullets and cartridges.
The first call was made to the police at 12.15 pm. Police also received two more calls -- the second one at 1.15 pm and then the final one at 2.30 pm. The caller just informed the police that a fight had broken out in the farmhouse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda