Police probing alleged bid to get Jaitely`s call details
New Delhi: The Delhi Police is looking into allegations that one of its officials had tried to get call detail records of Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley from a mobile service provider.
Sources said they were not ruling out the possibility of it being a case of impersonation.
Though Jaitley has not filed any complaint in this regard, the police have launched a probe to ascertain whether any official had sought details about his call records or if it was a case of impersonation.
It has been alleged that an official of the Delhi Police had tried to get the call detail records (CDR) of Jaitley by accessing the email ID of a senior officer.
The sources said investigations were on to identify the person who might have done the `mischief`.
Reports had it that the nodal officer of a telecom service provider had called the police to inform that they had received a request from the police seeking call detail records of Jaitely.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie