Police probing alleged bid to get Jaitely`s call details
New Delhi: The Delhi Police is looking into allegations that one of its officials had tried to get call detail records of Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley from a mobile service provider.
Sources said they were not ruling out the possibility of it being a case of impersonation.
Though Jaitley has not filed any complaint in this regard, the police have launched a probe to ascertain whether any official had sought details about his call records or if it was a case of impersonation.
It has been alleged that an official of the Delhi Police had tried to get the call detail records (CDR) of Jaitley by accessing the email ID of a senior officer.
The sources said investigations were on to identify the person who might have done the `mischief`.
Reports had it that the nodal officer of a telecom service provider had called the police to inform that they had received a request from the police seeking call detail records of Jaitely.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference