Police records statement of Rahul and Headley`s common friend
Mumbai: As part of efforts to trace the
movements of David Headley, who was in Mumbai five days prior
to the LeT attacks there on November 26 last year, police has
recorded the statement of a common friend of the suspected
American terrorist and Rahul, son of film director Mahesh
According to police sources, Rahul came into contact
with Headley through one Vilas who also worked at the gym
Moksha in Breach Candy area in south Mumbai.
Rahul, whose name was reportedly mentioned in the
emails sent to LeT handlers by their operative Headley, used
to work as a fitness instructor in the gym.
"It was Vilas who met Headley first and introduced him
to Rahul. We have recorded the statement of Vilas," the
sources said, refusing to divulge further details.
Mahesh Bhatt confirmed that Vilas is a mediator
through whom Rahul knew Headley but the noted film maker
dismissed the possibility of his son`s involvement in any
Headley has been arrested by US investigating agency
FBI for planning terror attacks in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test