Police rescue Rajasthan-based businessman from gang
Salem (Tamil Nadu): Within 12 hours of his abduction by an eight-member gang, police rescued a Rajasthan-based businessman and arrested four members, police said on Monday.
The kidnappers had demanded a ransom of Rs seven lakh and forced the businessman, who was kidnapped in full public view here last evening, to speak to his family.
Superintendent of Police Aswin Kotnis and ASP Saroj Kumar Thakur formed eight teams which tracked the mobile calls made to the family to the Kondalampatty foothills.
Police surrounded the area and stormed a hut there in the wee hours today and arrested four gang members and rescued the businessman who was engaged in selling locks here.
Search is on for the suspected kingpin, Damodaran, who is a share broker and three others including a woman, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Germany's Merkel calls for sober EU divorce talks with 'partner' Britain
- Sanjay Bangar, Abhay Sharma named as support staff to Indian cricket coach Anil Kumble
- Russia, regime strikes kill 47 in east Syria: Monitor
- Tamil Nadu Congress chief Elangovan quits
- Irish unity vote for later, not now: Foreign minister