Police rescue Rajasthan-based businessman from gang
Salem (Tamil Nadu): Within 12 hours of his abduction by an eight-member gang, police rescued a Rajasthan-based businessman and arrested four members, police said on Monday.
The kidnappers had demanded a ransom of Rs seven lakh and forced the businessman, who was kidnapped in full public view here last evening, to speak to his family.
Superintendent of Police Aswin Kotnis and ASP Saroj Kumar Thakur formed eight teams which tracked the mobile calls made to the family to the Kondalampatty foothills.
Police surrounded the area and stormed a hut there in the wee hours today and arrested four gang members and rescued the businessman who was engaged in selling locks here.
Search is on for the suspected kingpin, Damodaran, who is a share broker and three others including a woman, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what