Police rescue Rajasthan-based businessman from gang
Salem (Tamil Nadu): Within 12 hours of his abduction by an eight-member gang, police rescued a Rajasthan-based businessman and arrested four members, police said on Monday.
The kidnappers had demanded a ransom of Rs seven lakh and forced the businessman, who was kidnapped in full public view here last evening, to speak to his family.
Superintendent of Police Aswin Kotnis and ASP Saroj Kumar Thakur formed eight teams which tracked the mobile calls made to the family to the Kondalampatty foothills.
Police surrounded the area and stormed a hut there in the wee hours today and arrested four gang members and rescued the businessman who was engaged in selling locks here.
Search is on for the suspected kingpin, Damodaran, who is a share broker and three others including a woman, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!