Police rescue Rajasthan-based businessman from gang
Salem (Tamil Nadu): Within 12 hours of his abduction by an eight-member gang, police rescued a Rajasthan-based businessman and arrested four members, police said on Monday.
The kidnappers had demanded a ransom of Rs seven lakh and forced the businessman, who was kidnapped in full public view here last evening, to speak to his family.
Superintendent of Police Aswin Kotnis and ASP Saroj Kumar Thakur formed eight teams which tracked the mobile calls made to the family to the Kondalampatty foothills.
Police surrounded the area and stormed a hut there in the wee hours today and arrested four gang members and rescued the businessman who was engaged in selling locks here.
Search is on for the suspected kingpin, Damodaran, who is a share broker and three others including a woman, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets