Police rescue Rajasthan-based businessman from gang
Salem (Tamil Nadu): Within 12 hours of his abduction by an eight-member gang, police rescued a Rajasthan-based businessman and arrested four members, police said on Monday.
The kidnappers had demanded a ransom of Rs seven lakh and forced the businessman, who was kidnapped in full public view here last evening, to speak to his family.
Superintendent of Police Aswin Kotnis and ASP Saroj Kumar Thakur formed eight teams which tracked the mobile calls made to the family to the Kondalampatty foothills.
Police surrounded the area and stormed a hut there in the wee hours today and arrested four gang members and rescued the businessman who was engaged in selling locks here.
Search is on for the suspected kingpin, Damodaran, who is a share broker and three others including a woman, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends