Polish national arrested with charas at Indo-Nepal border
Lucknow: A Polish national has been arrested with narcotics at a India-Nepal border crossing in Maharajganj district.
Prajen Slab Jacob Opalka Darvova was arrested yesterday at Sonauli border, according to home department here.
During checking at the border, a joint team of Sonauli police and Shashtra Seema Bal (SSB) seized over 9 kg `charas` kept in two trolley bags and arrested the foreign national.
Darvova said he was bringing the narcotics, worth over Rs nine lakhs in street market, from Kathmandu and was taking it to Delhi to deliver it to a person, the department said.
A case was registered against the foreign national and a probe has been launched.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez