Polish national arrested with charas at Indo-Nepal border
Lucknow: A Polish national has been arrested with narcotics at a India-Nepal border crossing in Maharajganj district.
Prajen Slab Jacob Opalka Darvova was arrested yesterday at Sonauli border, according to home department here.
During checking at the border, a joint team of Sonauli police and Shashtra Seema Bal (SSB) seized over 9 kg `charas` kept in two trolley bags and arrested the foreign national.
Darvova said he was bringing the narcotics, worth over Rs nine lakhs in street market, from Kathmandu and was taking it to Delhi to deliver it to a person, the department said.
A case was registered against the foreign national and a probe has been launched.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh