Polish woman arrested for travelling on fake visa
New Delhi: A 22-year-old Polish woman was
arrested from the Indira Gandhi International Airport here for
allegedly travelling on a forged visa, police said on Sunday.
Marzeena Bartosik was apprehended at the immigration late
last night before she was to board an Air China flight to
Beijing, a senior police official said.
"On scrutiny of her passport, it was found that Indian
Multiple visa no-Y 826165 issued at Oslo from November 16,
2011 to November 15, 2012 pasted on page No 35 of the passport
is counterfeit," the official said.
A case of cheating and forgery and violation of Foreigners
Act has been registered against her.
Bartosik told immigration officials that from Poland she
had visited London and Abu Dhabi.
"From Abu Dhabi, she reached Kathmandu on Christmas day
and stayed at Yatri Hotel and visited Kaplivastu besides other
places. She entered India from immigration land check post in
Sonauli on New Year eve. In India, she visited Varanasi where
she stayed at Hotel Pallavi International and Othra Resort.
"She told us she also visited Agra and Jaipur, where she
stayed at Hotel Pink Palace and arrived in the capital
yesterday," the official said.
Bartosik told immigration officials that she received the
visa online, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi