Polish woman arrested for travelling on fake visa
New Delhi: A 22-year-old Polish woman was
arrested from the Indira Gandhi International Airport here for
allegedly travelling on a forged visa, police said on Sunday.
Marzeena Bartosik was apprehended at the immigration late
last night before she was to board an Air China flight to
Beijing, a senior police official said.
"On scrutiny of her passport, it was found that Indian
Multiple visa no-Y 826165 issued at Oslo from November 16,
2011 to November 15, 2012 pasted on page No 35 of the passport
is counterfeit," the official said.
A case of cheating and forgery and violation of Foreigners
Act has been registered against her.
Bartosik told immigration officials that from Poland she
had visited London and Abu Dhabi.
"From Abu Dhabi, she reached Kathmandu on Christmas day
and stayed at Yatri Hotel and visited Kaplivastu besides other
places. She entered India from immigration land check post in
Sonauli on New Year eve. In India, she visited Varanasi where
she stayed at Hotel Pallavi International and Othra Resort.
"She told us she also visited Agra and Jaipur, where she
stayed at Hotel Pink Palace and arrived in the capital
yesterday," the official said.
Bartosik told immigration officials that she received the
visa online, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?