Political class should work for betterment of people: Arun Jaitley
New Delhi: Shedding "hypocrisy", political class should work for betterment of people in a sincere and transparent manner and help eliminate corruption, senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley said on Sunday.
"Our focus will be good governance and we will ensure Delhi regains its past glory. Today, the challenges before us are even bigger and more complicated.
Besides, the issues plaguing the common man, we also want the economy to have a sustained high growth so that jobs are created for the many unemployed youth," Jaitley said.
"Political class should shed its hypocrisy and work for the uplift of the people in a sincere and transparent manner and help eliminate corruption," said Jaitley, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha said.
He was addressing a public rally in Greater Kailash Assembly Constituency in support of party candidate Ajay Kumar Malhotra.
The BJP leader said education and healthcare should be made affordable and accessible and infrastructure like railways and roads should be developed.
Malhotra also addressed the rally and said he would work on developing infrastructure and environment protection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her