Political class should work for betterment of people: Arun Jaitley
New Delhi: Shedding "hypocrisy", political class should work for betterment of people in a sincere and transparent manner and help eliminate corruption, senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley said on Sunday.
"Our focus will be good governance and we will ensure Delhi regains its past glory. Today, the challenges before us are even bigger and more complicated.
Besides, the issues plaguing the common man, we also want the economy to have a sustained high growth so that jobs are created for the many unemployed youth," Jaitley said.
"Political class should shed its hypocrisy and work for the uplift of the people in a sincere and transparent manner and help eliminate corruption," said Jaitley, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha said.
He was addressing a public rally in Greater Kailash Assembly Constituency in support of party candidate Ajay Kumar Malhotra.
The BJP leader said education and healthcare should be made affordable and accessible and infrastructure like railways and roads should be developed.
Malhotra also addressed the rally and said he would work on developing infrastructure and environment protection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter