Political compulsions behind clean chit to Banerjee: CPIM
New Delhi: CPI(M) today attacked Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee for giving a clean chit to Railway
Minister Mamata Banerjee for her remarks on Maoist leader
Azad`s death, saying the Congress leader was bound by
"Being a junior partner of Trinamool in West Bengal, he
is trying to defend the indefensible. The Finance Minister is
bound by political compulsions," senior CPM leader Brinda
Karat told reporters outside Parliament.
In Kolkata yesterday, Mukherjee had said that Banerjee
advocating talks with the Maoists doesn`t mean she has links
He had also said though the Railway Minister was part of
the UPA, her party could have independent thinking on issues.
Commenting on the matter, CPM General Secretary Sitaram
Yechury said, "the Prime Minister should tell why he is saying
that Maoist violence is the biggest threat to the internal
security of the country. He should say that whatever he has
said is wrong and what Banerjee said is right."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Union Minister Kumar flays Digvijay Singh for supporting Amnesty
- BJP asks Kashmiri youths to defeat designs of separatists
- SAD seeks defence academy in Anandpur Sahib
- Probe ordered into killing of snake charmer in Madhya Pradesh
- Maharashtra govt to write to PM for CBI probe into disappearance of tiger