Political compulsions behind clean chit to Banerjee: CPIM
New Delhi: CPI(M) today attacked Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee for giving a clean chit to Railway
Minister Mamata Banerjee for her remarks on Maoist leader
Azad`s death, saying the Congress leader was bound by
"Being a junior partner of Trinamool in West Bengal, he
is trying to defend the indefensible. The Finance Minister is
bound by political compulsions," senior CPM leader Brinda
Karat told reporters outside Parliament.
In Kolkata yesterday, Mukherjee had said that Banerjee
advocating talks with the Maoists doesn`t mean she has links
He had also said though the Railway Minister was part of
the UPA, her party could have independent thinking on issues.
Commenting on the matter, CPM General Secretary Sitaram
Yechury said, "the Prime Minister should tell why he is saying
that Maoist violence is the biggest threat to the internal
security of the country. He should say that whatever he has
said is wrong and what Banerjee said is right."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok