Political compulsions behind clean chit to Banerjee: CPIM
New Delhi: CPI(M) today attacked Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee for giving a clean chit to Railway
Minister Mamata Banerjee for her remarks on Maoist leader
Azad`s death, saying the Congress leader was bound by
"Being a junior partner of Trinamool in West Bengal, he
is trying to defend the indefensible. The Finance Minister is
bound by political compulsions," senior CPM leader Brinda
Karat told reporters outside Parliament.
In Kolkata yesterday, Mukherjee had said that Banerjee
advocating talks with the Maoists doesn`t mean she has links
He had also said though the Railway Minister was part of
the UPA, her party could have independent thinking on issues.
Commenting on the matter, CPM General Secretary Sitaram
Yechury said, "the Prime Minister should tell why he is saying
that Maoist violence is the biggest threat to the internal
security of the country. He should say that whatever he has
said is wrong and what Banerjee said is right."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards