Political compulsions behind clean chit to Banerjee: CPIM
New Delhi: CPI(M) today attacked Finance
Minister Pranab Mukherjee for giving a clean chit to Railway
Minister Mamata Banerjee for her remarks on Maoist leader
Azad`s death, saying the Congress leader was bound by
"Being a junior partner of Trinamool in West Bengal, he
is trying to defend the indefensible. The Finance Minister is
bound by political compulsions," senior CPM leader Brinda
Karat told reporters outside Parliament.
In Kolkata yesterday, Mukherjee had said that Banerjee
advocating talks with the Maoists doesn`t mean she has links
He had also said though the Railway Minister was part of
the UPA, her party could have independent thinking on issues.
Commenting on the matter, CPM General Secretary Sitaram
Yechury said, "the Prime Minister should tell why he is saying
that Maoist violence is the biggest threat to the internal
security of the country. He should say that whatever he has
said is wrong and what Banerjee said is right."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning