Political forces against movement: Hazare
Ahmednagar: Anti-corruption crusader
Anna Hazare Thursday charged "political and criminal forces" of
trying to dilute the nationwide movement against graft by
defaming and criticising the campaign for a comprehensive
"Some political and criminal forces are afraid of recent
awakening and huge support of the common man to the Jan Lokpal
Bill. They are trying to create confusion and defame the
movement to defuse the emerging people`s movement for curbing
corruption," Hazare said from Ralegan Siddhi village, 40
kms away from here.
On criticism for reported remarks against political
leaders, the social activist said that he never said that all
politicians in India are corrupt.
"There are very few exceptions at all levels. But those
exceptions can be honoured only if they too raise their voice
against known corruption in their close circles. Keeping mum
on issues related to corruption is also silent support to
corruption and such leaders who fall in that category are
actually of no use for nation," he said.
The veteran also faced flak from the Congress and NCP for
allegedly calling voters corrupt and dishonest.
To which, the 73-year-old Gandhian said, "Political
parties and leaders are responsible for maligning the voter`s
character in this country. They usually earn lot of black
money using power and distribute a little amount of it to
voters in elections to grab sympathy for their corrupt
"Is it possible today for candidates who are meritorious
and possess good moral character and commitment to win an
election without huge amount of black money," he asked.
Under attack for appreciating Gujrat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi and his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar, Anna
said he only lauded their developmental efforts and has always
condemned every communal riot including the one in 1984.
Hazare will leave for Delhi tomorrow to attend the first
meeting of the draft committee for Jan Lokpal Bill on April
He expressed his gratitude for the common man as well as
all NGOs for their selfless involvement in the movement
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH