`Political immaturity affecting decision making`
Pune: Union Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel has said "lack of political consensus" in the country and "atmosphere of distrust" was affecting decision making process of the government as it faced criticism on every issue.
Stressing the need for political parties with different ideologies to engage in a "positive dialogue to arrive at a consensus" on developmental issues, Patel said the atmosphere of distrust and suspicion was making seasoned bureaucrats "hesitant" to make decisions.
Patel, while addressing Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Mahratta Chamber of Commerce Industry and Agriculture here last night, urged the business community to impress upon political parties the need for a "constructive debate" to spur policy making process and development.
He lamented that opposition parties were criticising the ruling party "for the sake of opposing" without going into the merits of proposals tabled by the government.
The UPA government has been recently under fire by the Opposition over the alleged irregularities in the coal blocks allocation in the country owing to which the entire monsoon session of the Parliament was washed out following demands of Prime Minister`s resignation and an independent probe in the matter.
Meanwhile, the outgoing president of the Chamber, Abhay Firodia, said economic reforms were being implemented in a half-hearted manner and there was a need for improvement in governance.
SK Jain took over as president of the Chamber at the AGM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!