`Political immaturity affecting decision making`
Pune: Union Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel has said "lack of political consensus" in the country and "atmosphere of distrust" was affecting decision making process of the government as it faced criticism on every issue.
Stressing the need for political parties with different ideologies to engage in a "positive dialogue to arrive at a consensus" on developmental issues, Patel said the atmosphere of distrust and suspicion was making seasoned bureaucrats "hesitant" to make decisions.
Patel, while addressing Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Mahratta Chamber of Commerce Industry and Agriculture here last night, urged the business community to impress upon political parties the need for a "constructive debate" to spur policy making process and development.
He lamented that opposition parties were criticising the ruling party "for the sake of opposing" without going into the merits of proposals tabled by the government.
The UPA government has been recently under fire by the Opposition over the alleged irregularities in the coal blocks allocation in the country owing to which the entire monsoon session of the Parliament was washed out following demands of Prime Minister`s resignation and an independent probe in the matter.
Meanwhile, the outgoing president of the Chamber, Abhay Firodia, said economic reforms were being implemented in a half-hearted manner and there was a need for improvement in governance.
SK Jain took over as president of the Chamber at the AGM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow