`Political immaturity affecting decision making`
Pune: Union Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel has said "lack of political consensus" in the country and "atmosphere of distrust" was affecting decision making process of the government as it faced criticism on every issue.
Stressing the need for political parties with different ideologies to engage in a "positive dialogue to arrive at a consensus" on developmental issues, Patel said the atmosphere of distrust and suspicion was making seasoned bureaucrats "hesitant" to make decisions.
Patel, while addressing Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Mahratta Chamber of Commerce Industry and Agriculture here last night, urged the business community to impress upon political parties the need for a "constructive debate" to spur policy making process and development.
He lamented that opposition parties were criticising the ruling party "for the sake of opposing" without going into the merits of proposals tabled by the government.
The UPA government has been recently under fire by the Opposition over the alleged irregularities in the coal blocks allocation in the country owing to which the entire monsoon session of the Parliament was washed out following demands of Prime Minister`s resignation and an independent probe in the matter.
Meanwhile, the outgoing president of the Chamber, Abhay Firodia, said economic reforms were being implemented in a half-hearted manner and there was a need for improvement in governance.
SK Jain took over as president of the Chamber at the AGM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city