Political Murders in India between 2008 and 2012
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Political tension increased in Uttar Pradesh within a gap of two days as another BJP leader Omveer Singh was shot to death in Muzaffarnagar on Tuesday. The murder took place in Meerapur area where the 40-year-old was shot dead by two gunmen on motorcycle.
On Saturday night, 35-year-old Dadri-based BJP leader Vijay Pandit was shot dead. However, Zee Research Group`s (ZRG) study of political murders during past few years suggested a different story.
As per the data compiled by National Crime Record Bureau (NCRB), between 2008 and 2012 only seven political murders took place. Moreover, the overall number of political murder instances have also come down.
Political Murders between 2008 and 2012 (India)
Political Murders in key states between 2008 and 2012
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- ICSE ISC Results 2016: CISCE.org Board Class 10th (X) & 12th (XII) Result is likely to be declared on May 6, 2016
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'
- Russia says bolstering forces to counter NATO