Political Murders in India between 2008 and 2012
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Political tension increased in Uttar Pradesh within a gap of two days as another BJP leader Omveer Singh was shot to death in Muzaffarnagar on Tuesday. The murder took place in Meerapur area where the 40-year-old was shot dead by two gunmen on motorcycle.
On Saturday night, 35-year-old Dadri-based BJP leader Vijay Pandit was shot dead. However, Zee Research Group`s (ZRG) study of political murders during past few years suggested a different story.
As per the data compiled by National Crime Record Bureau (NCRB), between 2008 and 2012 only seven political murders took place. Moreover, the overall number of political murder instances have also come down.
Political Murders between 2008 and 2012 (India)
Political Murders in key states between 2008 and 2012
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state