Political Murders in India between 2008 and 2012
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Political tension increased in Uttar Pradesh within a gap of two days as another BJP leader Omveer Singh was shot to death in Muzaffarnagar on Tuesday. The murder took place in Meerapur area where the 40-year-old was shot dead by two gunmen on motorcycle.
On Saturday night, 35-year-old Dadri-based BJP leader Vijay Pandit was shot dead. However, Zee Research Group`s (ZRG) study of political murders during past few years suggested a different story.
As per the data compiled by National Crime Record Bureau (NCRB), between 2008 and 2012 only seven political murders took place. Moreover, the overall number of political murder instances have also come down.
Political Murders between 2008 and 2012 (India)
Political Murders in key states between 2008 and 2012
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'