Political parties maligning our image, says Sanatan Sanstha
Mumbai: Maharashtra-based Hindu organisation
Sanatan Sanstha today accused political parties of hatching
conspiracy to link the outfit to Margao blast that occurred on
Diwali eve last year in Goa.
"Political parties, including the ruling Congress in Goa,
are trying to malign the image of Sanstha and conspiracy is
being hatched to hold the outfit responsible for the blast. In
fact, they want to close down our outfit. Do we really get
justice from Goa Government?" Sanstha`s spokesperson Abhay
"It is very unfortunate for any organisation which is
working for the welfare of Hindus to face such situation," he
told reporters here.
The blast had taken place when explosives kept in a
scooter went off on a busy street in Margao on Diwali eve last
year, killing two persons affiliated to the Sanstha.
Subsequently, Goa Police`s Special Investigation Team
arrested four accused-- all related to Sanstha.
The spokesperson said MP Shantaram Naik and PWD Minister
Churchill Alemao of Goa are now publicly demanding ban on the
"Sanstha is being punished with baseless allegations,
although there is no evidence against it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Iran announces May 19 presidential election
- Sahara group gets $1.3 billion offer from new suitor for its 3 overseas hotels
- Watch: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock: Series 4' teaser will leave you on the edge!
- Know why some male frogs prefer having sex on land
- Monsoon to push GDP growth to over 8% this fiscal: Panagariya