Political parties need to stop debating about next PM: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Political parties need to address issues concerning ordinary people instead of constantly debating about the next prime minister, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said Friday.
"How does it matter who becomes the prime minister?" the Aam Aadmi Party leader told the media.
Kejriwal`s comments came shortly after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh declared he won`t seek a third term and that Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi was a fit candidate for the country`s top job.
"The government has increased the price of (cooking gas) cylinder by Rs 220. How will the poor survive?
"They (political parties) do not address these issues but spend the entire day talking about who will be the prime minister of the country."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'