Political parties need to stop debating about next PM: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Political parties need to address issues concerning ordinary people instead of constantly debating about the next prime minister, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said Friday.
"How does it matter who becomes the prime minister?" the Aam Aadmi Party leader told the media.
Kejriwal`s comments came shortly after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh declared he won`t seek a third term and that Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi was a fit candidate for the country`s top job.
"The government has increased the price of (cooking gas) cylinder by Rs 220. How will the poor survive?
"They (political parties) do not address these issues but spend the entire day talking about who will be the prime minister of the country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what