Political parties need to stop debating about next PM: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Political parties need to address issues concerning ordinary people instead of constantly debating about the next prime minister, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said Friday.
"How does it matter who becomes the prime minister?" the Aam Aadmi Party leader told the media.
Kejriwal`s comments came shortly after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh declared he won`t seek a third term and that Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi was a fit candidate for the country`s top job.
"The government has increased the price of (cooking gas) cylinder by Rs 220. How will the poor survive?
"They (political parties) do not address these issues but spend the entire day talking about who will be the prime minister of the country."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted