Political parties slam Anna for slap comment
New Delhi: Anna Hazare’s latest remarks that a person is left with no option other than going for a slap when his power of tolerance towards corruption runs out, has invoked huge criticism from the political circles with leaders, cutting across party lines, slamming the social activist.
Congress leader Digvijay Singh, who has from a long time, accused the social activist of having links with RSS and BJP said that he always considered Anna as ‘Gandhivaadi’, but his latest comments of favouring violence reflects that he is getting influenced by the Sangh Parivar and opposition who have a history of supporting violence.
“Annaji has lost respect in my eyes,” Digvijay said.
Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan said that Anna and his team are against democracy. The firebrand Muslim leader further quipped that if a leader was talking about violence what could be expected from the team.
Congress leader Rajiv Shukla said a slap cannot put a halt on corruption.
BJP leader Rajnath Singh too criticised the remarks of Anna saying that he did not support such thoughts.
"When a man`s power of tolerance runs out, then whoever is in front of you, if a slap is given, then the brain is put back in place. That is the only road open now", Hazare told reporters after watching the Hindi film `Gali Gali Chor Hai` based on the common man`s fight against corruption.
A special screening of the movie was held for the anti-graft crusader at his native village Ralegan Siddhi last night in the presence of the film`s crew.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly