Political parties voice concern over airlines strike
New Delhi: The BJP today blamed the
policies of the government for the airline strike on Aug 18
while Congress advised private airlines to think out of the
box to solve their economic problem sans retrenching staff.
"Undoubtedly, Air India is in a neck-deep financial
crisis but the situation of private airlines is no better. The
failure of the government to provide incentives for the
aviation industry is monumental," BJP spokesperson Rajiv
Pratap Rudy said.
"They should think out of the box and find solution
without retrenchment," Congress spokesman Manish Tewari said
when asked for a reaction on the issue.
He said, "they (airlines) should find a
solution...After all, other airlines in the world are also
running their operations."
The CPI(M) too has criticised the move by private
airlines to suspend flights saying revival of the industry was
not possible as long as people`s purchasing power grows.
Maintaining that jet fuel prices were "cheaper than
diesel and petrol", senior party leader Sitaram Yechury said
"whatever sops are given, revival of the airline industry is
possible only when air traffic picks up. And, air traffic will
grow only when the purchasing power of the people increases."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read