Political will can stop infiltration: RSS
Chennai: Only political will and determination of the people can help find a final solution to the vexed problem of infiltration in border areas of the country, a top RSS office bearer said on Friday.
"It is the political will and the will of the people which can help solve such issues," RSS national joint general secretary Dattatreya Hosabale told reporters here.
He alleged that infiltrators from Bangladesh were responsible for the violence in Assam in July and August this year and said the issue has to be dealt with separately.
"We have to deal with them separately. The process should begin with identification of Bangladeshi infiltrators who are there in large numbers (in India)", he said.
He said state governments should be pressurised to ensure Bangladeshi infiltrators are detected and their names removed from voters` lists. "They should be declared non-citizens. All efforts should be made to deport them to their country (Bangladesh)", he said.
A resolution in this regard would be passed at the Sangh`s ongoing three-day National Executive council meet, being held for first time in Tamil Nadu, he said.
Another resolution on the prevailing security situation in the country would also be passed, he said.
On India Against Corruption activist Arvind Kejriwal bringing Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani in its line of fire by alleging that UPA and the previous NDA governments had favoured his company, he said, "if he has some proof he has to come forward. It is for BJP and Congress to answer Kejriwal`s charges".
Noting that the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda would be celebrated through out the country from November 19, he said, Vivekanada Kendra of Kanyakumari is organising the event which would be participated by RSS and other Swayam Sevak Sanghs.
He said the RSS and other Swayam Sevak Sanghs would celebrate the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda throughout the country from November 19, for which a committee has been formed at the national level to chalk out plans.
"The celebrations will begin on Dec 25. On January 12, the inaugural programme will be held in Delhi and processions will be held throughout the country", he said.
Programmes have also been chalked out in five areas - youth, women, intelligence of society, rural areas and tribal belts, to spread Swami Vivekananda`s message, he said.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Research for 'Veerappan' took 15 years: Ram Gopal Varma
- ICSE ISC Results 2016: CISCE.org Board Class 10th (X) & 12th (XII) Result is likely to be declared on May 6, 2016
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'