Political will can stop infiltration: RSS
Chennai: Only political will and determination of the people can help find a final solution to the vexed problem of infiltration in border areas of the country, a top RSS office bearer said on Friday.
"It is the political will and the will of the people which can help solve such issues," RSS national joint general secretary Dattatreya Hosabale told reporters here.
He alleged that infiltrators from Bangladesh were responsible for the violence in Assam in July and August this year and said the issue has to be dealt with separately.
"We have to deal with them separately. The process should begin with identification of Bangladeshi infiltrators who are there in large numbers (in India)", he said.
He said state governments should be pressurised to ensure Bangladeshi infiltrators are detected and their names removed from voters` lists. "They should be declared non-citizens. All efforts should be made to deport them to their country (Bangladesh)", he said.
A resolution in this regard would be passed at the Sangh`s ongoing three-day National Executive council meet, being held for first time in Tamil Nadu, he said.
Another resolution on the prevailing security situation in the country would also be passed, he said.
On India Against Corruption activist Arvind Kejriwal bringing Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani in its line of fire by alleging that UPA and the previous NDA governments had favoured his company, he said, "if he has some proof he has to come forward. It is for BJP and Congress to answer Kejriwal`s charges".
Noting that the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda would be celebrated through out the country from November 19, he said, Vivekanada Kendra of Kanyakumari is organising the event which would be participated by RSS and other Swayam Sevak Sanghs.
He said the RSS and other Swayam Sevak Sanghs would celebrate the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda throughout the country from November 19, for which a committee has been formed at the national level to chalk out plans.
"The celebrations will begin on Dec 25. On January 12, the inaugural programme will be held in Delhi and processions will be held throughout the country", he said.
Programmes have also been chalked out in five areas - youth, women, intelligence of society, rural areas and tribal belts, to spread Swami Vivekananda`s message, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?