‘Politically neglected’ Digvijay Singh trying to seek attention: BJP
Patna: Launching a frontal attack on Digvijay Singh over his remarks critical of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday said it seems that the Congress General Secretary is not getting any importance in his party.
BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said Digvijay Singh is making such statements because he feels politically neglected.
“Digvijay Singh has this habit because he is not getting any importance in the Congress. Digvijay Singh is feeling politically neglected.
In order to seek attention, he is making such statements. The Bharatiya Janata Party and its leaders do not need any certificate from him,” he said.
“As per a recent survey, Shivraj Singh Chauhan is likely to become the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh once again,” he added.
Digvijay Singh earlier in the day lashed out at Modi for targetting Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh following his address to the nation on India`s 67th Independence Day, saying that Modi`s abrasive hunger for power has no limits.
“On Modi`s Independence Day Speech, Advaniji and I are on the same page. Modi`s abrasive hunger for power has no limits," Digvijay Singh tweeted.
BJP stalwart Lal Krishna Advani yesterday indirectly cautioned Modi in the wake of his criticism of the Prime Minister`s speech, saying that we should not criticize each other and appealed to everyone to work towards the development of this country.
"Today is our Independence Day, and today, we should not criticize each other, on the contrary we should understand that India has unlimited potential for the future," he said.
"I appeal to everyone that we should work in such a way that the world should admit that there is no comparison to India in this whole world," he added.
Modi had dubbed the Prime Minister`s speech as uninspiring, and accused him of taking a soft stand against Pakistan despite the recent ceasefire violations along the Line of Control (LoC).
Addressing the people of Gujarat on the occasion of Independence Day in Bhuj, Modi pointed out the failures of the UPA Government, especially with regard to the Prime Minister`s omission of making a strong statement against Pakistan during his Red Fort Independence Day address.
Describing the Prime Minister`s address as a ``disappointment``, Modi alleged that Dr. Singh`s speech mimicked that of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru``s on the country`s first Independence Day, and questioned what the Congress had done if our problems still remain the same.
"The Prime Minister echoed the concerns that Pandit Nehru expressed at his first address. The question, then is, that what have you done in the last 60 years?" Modi said. "I challenge the Prime Minister to an open debate on all key issues," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared