‘Politicians, journalists are like fish and water’
Kolkata: Journalists and politicians are like fish and water, one cannot do without the other, UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee said on Monday, describing the close relations between the professions.
"The relation between politicians and journalists is like that between fish and water. Just as fish can`t live without water, our professional careers are also intrinsically linked," Muherjee told mediapersons here.
Known all these years for losing his cool often at probing queries from the media, the veteran politician thanked the media for the support and cooperation he received from them all these years.
Referring to his equations with reporters from West Bengal, from where his political journey began, Mukherjee said: "I have had relations with you, or your predecessors, for nearly 50 years. One chapter of that relation is over today."
"During this long time, I have made lots of mistakes. I have scolded you, I have not answered your questions. I know you must have felt bad. I am sorry for all that," the United Progressive Alliance`s Presidential candidate said.
"But let me tell you, the information and the data that I have got from you has helped me in my party and government work," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt