‘Politicians, journalists are like fish and water’
Kolkata: Journalists and politicians are like fish and water, one cannot do without the other, UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee said on Monday, describing the close relations between the professions.
"The relation between politicians and journalists is like that between fish and water. Just as fish can`t live without water, our professional careers are also intrinsically linked," Muherjee told mediapersons here.
Known all these years for losing his cool often at probing queries from the media, the veteran politician thanked the media for the support and cooperation he received from them all these years.
Referring to his equations with reporters from West Bengal, from where his political journey began, Mukherjee said: "I have had relations with you, or your predecessors, for nearly 50 years. One chapter of that relation is over today."
"During this long time, I have made lots of mistakes. I have scolded you, I have not answered your questions. I know you must have felt bad. I am sorry for all that," the United Progressive Alliance`s Presidential candidate said.
"But let me tell you, the information and the data that I have got from you has helped me in my party and government work," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report