‘Politicians, journalists are like fish and water’
Kolkata: Journalists and politicians are like fish and water, one cannot do without the other, UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee said on Monday, describing the close relations between the professions.
"The relation between politicians and journalists is like that between fish and water. Just as fish can`t live without water, our professional careers are also intrinsically linked," Muherjee told mediapersons here.
Known all these years for losing his cool often at probing queries from the media, the veteran politician thanked the media for the support and cooperation he received from them all these years.
Referring to his equations with reporters from West Bengal, from where his political journey began, Mukherjee said: "I have had relations with you, or your predecessors, for nearly 50 years. One chapter of that relation is over today."
"During this long time, I have made lots of mistakes. I have scolded you, I have not answered your questions. I know you must have felt bad. I am sorry for all that," the United Progressive Alliance`s Presidential candidate said.
"But let me tell you, the information and the data that I have got from you has helped me in my party and government work," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog