‘Politicians, journalists are like fish and water’
Kolkata: Journalists and politicians are like fish and water, one cannot do without the other, UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee said on Monday, describing the close relations between the professions.
"The relation between politicians and journalists is like that between fish and water. Just as fish can`t live without water, our professional careers are also intrinsically linked," Muherjee told mediapersons here.
Known all these years for losing his cool often at probing queries from the media, the veteran politician thanked the media for the support and cooperation he received from them all these years.
Referring to his equations with reporters from West Bengal, from where his political journey began, Mukherjee said: "I have had relations with you, or your predecessors, for nearly 50 years. One chapter of that relation is over today."
"During this long time, I have made lots of mistakes. I have scolded you, I have not answered your questions. I know you must have felt bad. I am sorry for all that," the United Progressive Alliance`s Presidential candidate said.
"But let me tell you, the information and the data that I have got from you has helped me in my party and government work," he said.
- NEET first phase will be held on May 1; Supreme Court declines Centre's plea, says let the exams go on
- CBSE challenges Kerala HC order allowing Hijab in exam hall for AIPMT 2016
- Now, BJP leader Prem Prakash Pandey wastes gallons of water on daughter's wedding in Chhattisgarh
- Peppermint tea boosts memory in adults!
- Gold price tops Rs 30,000-mark, hits two-year high on global cues