‘Politicians, journalists are like fish and water’
Kolkata: Journalists and politicians are like fish and water, one cannot do without the other, UPA Presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee said on Monday, describing the close relations between the professions.
"The relation between politicians and journalists is like that between fish and water. Just as fish can`t live without water, our professional careers are also intrinsically linked," Muherjee told mediapersons here.
Known all these years for losing his cool often at probing queries from the media, the veteran politician thanked the media for the support and cooperation he received from them all these years.
Referring to his equations with reporters from West Bengal, from where his political journey began, Mukherjee said: "I have had relations with you, or your predecessors, for nearly 50 years. One chapter of that relation is over today."
"During this long time, I have made lots of mistakes. I have scolded you, I have not answered your questions. I know you must have felt bad. I am sorry for all that," the United Progressive Alliance`s Presidential candidate said.
"But let me tell you, the information and the data that I have got from you has helped me in my party and government work," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why