Politicians who are involved in alleged sex scandals
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Rajasthan minister Babu Lal Nagar on Thursday tendered his resignation after being accused of raping a 35-year-old woman in the pretext of providing her a `suitable job`. The 53-year-old Food and Civil Supplies Minister rubbished the claims made by the woman as baseless.
The minister said that he chose to quit on moral grounds, so that impartial probe can be carried out. Nagar`s name is the latest to be added in the list of minister allegedly involved in sex scandals.
Following are the few other politicians allegedly involved in sex scandals:
Former Madhya Pradesh finance minister Raghavji quit after being accused of sodomy. His domestic help Rajkumar Dangi accused him of sexual abuse for three-and-a-half years in the pretext of getting him a job. To show the minister in the act, the victim also made 22 CDs. Raghavji was released on bail from the central jail in Bhopal.
In August, Uttar Pradesh MLA Mahendra Singh was arrested by the Goa police following a raid at a Panaji dance bar. The police said that he was booked under the Anti-Prostitution Act. Singh was expelled from the Samajwadi party after the incident.
In 2011, Former Rajasthan Public Health and Water Resources Minister Mahipal Maderna was accused of being involved in a case relating to the disappearance of a nurse named Bhanwari Devi. Bhanwari, who worked as an auxiliary nurse/midwife in theJaliwada village was abducted and murdered on 1 September. Her husband Amarchand alleged that she was abducted on orders of Maderna. It was alleged that Bhanwari was blackmailing Maderna Congress legislator Malkhan Singh with whom she was seen in compromising position in a video CD.
Former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda is accused of abetting suicide of Geetika Sharma, former air hostess with MDLR airlines which was launched by Kanda. Sharma killer herself on 5 August 2012 and in her suicide note she accused Kanda of harassment. Following the incident Kanda resigned from the post of home minister in Haryana. Kanda was granted one month interim bail on the basis of his request that he wanted to attend the state assembly session and discharge his obligation towards his constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP