Politics and business don`t go hand in hand: Digvijay
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Thursday said politics and business cannot go together as politicians often fare badly as entrepreneurs and asserted there was nothing wrong in Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra doing business as he was not into politics.
"I am saying this as I have seen that all politicians who do business of some kind run into trouble at one time or the other...It is my personal opinion that businessmen should not be allowed to enter politics," Digvijay said in an informal chat with reporters.
The Congress general secretary`s comments came in response to a query regarding the ongoing controversy over alleged dubious land dealings by a company linked to Vadra with a real estate giant in Haryana.
"Robert Vadra is not into politics and he can very well do business. I think instead of making all sorts of baseless allegations against Vadra, parties like BJP and others could go and file FIR against Vadra," he said.
The BJP had last week demanded setting up of a Supreme Court-monitored Special Investigation Team (SIT) to examine Vadra`s land deals across Congress-ruled states like Delhi, Haryana and Rajasthan.
Digvijay also said he was not into any business.
"This advice about not mixing business with politics had been given to me long time back by former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, D P Mishra," he said.
When pointed out that some Central ministers also double up as businessmen, Digvijay said in a lighter vein "they may also land in trouble soon".
Digvijay said he had reconciled to the criticism that his tweets and comments invite.
"Whenever I make a statement at first it is greeted by criticism and only much later do people realise that what I said was correct," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch