Politics is Rahul`s family business: BJP
New Delhi: Soon after Rahul Gandhi said he was looking for a more "proactive role" in politics, the BJP said it was his "family business", and alleged that the Congress general secretary was already "calling the shots" without any responsibilities.
"It is a family business. He already is active, all what may happen is his nomenclature may change from general secretary to something else," Bharatiya Janata Party leader Balbir Punj said.
Talking to reporters, Punj said Rahul was already active and "calling the shots" without any responsibilities.
"He is calling the shots without having any responsibility. If he takes a formal position, maybe he will be responsible," Punj said.
Party leader Nirmala Sitharaman said it mattered little who would be where as there was no democracy within the Congress.
"It matters little who is going to be where. All we can say is it is their business. There is no inner party democracy in Congress," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah