Politics is Rahul`s family business: BJP
New Delhi: Soon after Rahul Gandhi said he was looking for a more "proactive role" in politics, the BJP said it was his "family business", and alleged that the Congress general secretary was already "calling the shots" without any responsibilities.
"It is a family business. He already is active, all what may happen is his nomenclature may change from general secretary to something else," Bharatiya Janata Party leader Balbir Punj said.
Talking to reporters, Punj said Rahul was already active and "calling the shots" without any responsibilities.
"He is calling the shots without having any responsibility. If he takes a formal position, maybe he will be responsible," Punj said.
Party leader Nirmala Sitharaman said it mattered little who would be where as there was no democracy within the Congress.
"It matters little who is going to be where. All we can say is it is their business. There is no inner party democracy in Congress," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj