Poll code violation case: Khurshid to move Supreme Court
Farrukhabad: Union minister Salman Khurshid has said the registration of a case of violation of Model Code of Conduct against him was "part of a conspiracy" and he will challenge it in Supreme Court.
The FIR was registered here on March 23 against Khurshid and his two supporters after a vehicle, loaded with solar lights and some other material purportedly meant for distribution among villagers was caught.
"The case against me is part of a conspiracy...I will challenge it in the Supreme Court," Khurshid told reporters yesterday.
The Union minister said that he has also apprised the Election Commission about the matter.
The Congress leader also took on Narendra Modi, saying he should be "cautious" while making statements as "those who debate much are caught."
According to Kumpal Police Station in-charge K V Singh, a tractor carrying solar lights, poles and other material was seized by the police near Baura village.
During questioning, driver of the vehicle told the police that he had brought the equipment from the cold storage of Khurshid, who is also Congress candidate from the seat, he claimed.
A case was lodged against Khurshid and his two supporters Jaan Mohammad and Bablu on the night of March 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand