Poll results in 5 states will leave BJP shocked: Manish Tewari
Bathinda: The results of the assembly polls in five states - Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Delhi and Mizoram, will not only leave BJP surprised but shocked also, Union Minister Manish Tewari said here on Friday.
With naming Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the Information and Broadcasting minister said the results of the assembly polls would end someone`s Prime Ministerial ambition.
The results would also bring down the curtains on BJP`s dream to come to power as the party would bite the bust in the polls, he told reporters before leaving for Rajasthan.
The BJP appears to have been swept away by a "misplaced euphoria", Tewari said, adding that people don`t get carried away by mere rhetorics anymore.
Congress has been seeking vote for its performance, the Union Minister said.
He pointed out that whether it was the right to food, right to education, right to information or the land acquisition act, thereby saving the precious land of farmers, the Congress-led UPA government has always accorded priority and precedence to the welfare of the common man.
To a question on the party`s prospects in Punjab for the forthcoming parliamentary elections, Tewari remarked, Congress will win all the 13 seats in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares mesmerising video of Newfoundland from space
- Obesity, smoking may up poor life quality in lung disease patients
- Amitabh Bachchan calls for educating Aanganwadis about Hepatitis
- Irresistibly handsome as always – Check out Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in brand new ‘Mohenjo Daro’ poster
- Dia Mirza directs film on tigers, nature conservation