Poll results send message of corruption-free rule: India Inc
New Delhi: Indian industry Sunday said the results of four state elections sent the strong message that government and political parties need to ensure good governance and corruption-free administration.
"Congress has been shown the door for poor political leadership and unconvincing approach to corruption," entrepreneur Kiran Mazumdar Shaw tweeted.
Describing the Aam Aadmi Party`s (AAP) debut in Delhi as "amazing", Shaw said: "People want corruption free politics based on transparency and responsibility."
"AAP`s dramatic debut shows we want desperately to be idealistic and not cynical. That honesty isn`t just the best policy but the best politics."
Industry chamber Assocham secretary general DS Rawat said: "Certainly, the voter may not understand the complexities of economics, but he/she reacts rather strongly if his/her purchasing power is curtailed by inflation."
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Northern Region chairman Jayant Davar congratulated the incoming BJP government in Rajasthan led by Vasundhara Raje.
"CII has had the opportunity to work closely with her government in the past as well and looks forward to a strong partnership between industry and the state in the areas of social inclusivity, social and physical infrastructure development under public private partnership (PPP) model," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!