Polytechnic students to get seamless e-content
New Delhi: To help students get seamless
access to e-content, government on Monday cleared a proposal for
providing connectivity to over 25,000 colleges and 2000
As per the decision taken at a meeting of Union Cabinet
today, optical fibre technology-based cable will replace
copper wire-based connectivity in universities where
connectivity is already available.
The number of universities that will be provided with
connectivity will also be raised from 419 to 572 under
centrally sponsored schemes like National Mission on
Education through information and communication technology and
National Knowledge Network (NKN).
According to a government statement, the estimated cost
involved in connecting the 2000 polytechnic will be Rs 13.50
crore per year. The cost for connecting the colleges was not
The National Informatics Centre will carry out a
feasibility study for connecting all 25,000 plus colleges and
polytechnics to NKN on optical fibre and bringing all colleges
in the country under NKN, the statement said.
These decisions, the statement said, will benefit
about 572 universities, the 25,000 colleges and 2000
"The ultimate target is to provide last mile connectivity
and provide high quality e-content to be used with the
connectivity being provided to the universities," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read