Ponty Chadha killing: Court to order framing of charges against accused today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A Delhi court will on Wednesday order framing of charges against Uttarakhand minorities panel`s sacked chairman SS Namdhari and other accused involved in the killing of liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep.
Notably, the court has dropped murder charges against Namdhari and other accused.
According to IANS, the court will today frame various charges dealing with conspiracy, trespassing, destruction of evidence and other various charges against all the accused.
On January 28, Additional Sessions Judge Vimal Kumar Yadav, while giving nod to frame charges against all the accused on January 13, had dropped murder charges against them, saying that the November 17, 2012, shootout that resulted in the killing of Ponty and Hardeep "seems to be an event which happened suddenly and unexpectedly".
However, it added charges related to culpable homicide not amounting to murder against Namdhari and his Personal Security Officer Sachin Tyagi.
Ponty Chadha and his brother were killed at a farmhouse in Chhattarpur in south Delhi in a shootout on November 17, 2012, allegedly over a property dispute.
The Delhi Police had filed two chargesheets in the case and levelled murder charges against 21 accused. Ponty and Hardeep were also chargesheeted in the case, but the trial against the brothers has been abated as they both died in the shootout.
The court has given nod to frame various charges against the accused under provisions of the Indian Penal Code, including dacoity, rioting with deadly weapons, house trespass, illegal confinement, kidnapping, causing grievous harm and destruction of evidence.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Ekadanta Sankashti Chaturthi Vrat—Significance, Tithi and Timings!
- Guru Granth Sahib desecration in Faridkot: Provide information, get Rs 10 lakh from CBI - Here are details
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be announced soon
- Check Mahresults.nic.in for HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board, MSBSHSE class 12th XII Exam Results 2016
- In this temple, people worship a Royal Enfield Bullet – Here’s why