Ponty Chadha killing: Court to order framing of charges against accused today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A Delhi court will on Wednesday order framing of charges against Uttarakhand minorities panel`s sacked chairman SS Namdhari and other accused involved in the killing of liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep.
Notably, the court has dropped murder charges against Namdhari and other accused.
According to IANS, the court will today frame various charges dealing with conspiracy, trespassing, destruction of evidence and other various charges against all the accused.
On January 28, Additional Sessions Judge Vimal Kumar Yadav, while giving nod to frame charges against all the accused on January 13, had dropped murder charges against them, saying that the November 17, 2012, shootout that resulted in the killing of Ponty and Hardeep "seems to be an event which happened suddenly and unexpectedly".
However, it added charges related to culpable homicide not amounting to murder against Namdhari and his Personal Security Officer Sachin Tyagi.
Ponty Chadha and his brother were killed at a farmhouse in Chhattarpur in south Delhi in a shootout on November 17, 2012, allegedly over a property dispute.
The Delhi Police had filed two chargesheets in the case and levelled murder charges against 21 accused. Ponty and Hardeep were also chargesheeted in the case, but the trial against the brothers has been abated as they both died in the shootout.
The court has given nod to frame various charges against the accused under provisions of the Indian Penal Code, including dacoity, rioting with deadly weapons, house trespass, illegal confinement, kidnapping, causing grievous harm and destruction of evidence.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Shocking! 13-year-old girl raped, set ablaze in Rajasthan
- Pro-EU Londoners rebel with `Lexit` secession call
- Maiden flight of Su-30 MKI with BrahMos missile successful
- Turkey police detain 28 in raids on Erdogan foes
- AAP MLA arrested for sexual harassment, Kejriwal attacks PM with ''Emergency'' taunt