Ponty Chadha killing: Court to order framing of charges against accused today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A Delhi court will on Wednesday order framing of charges against Uttarakhand minorities panel`s sacked chairman SS Namdhari and other accused involved in the killing of liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep.
Notably, the court has dropped murder charges against Namdhari and other accused.
According to IANS, the court will today frame various charges dealing with conspiracy, trespassing, destruction of evidence and other various charges against all the accused.
On January 28, Additional Sessions Judge Vimal Kumar Yadav, while giving nod to frame charges against all the accused on January 13, had dropped murder charges against them, saying that the November 17, 2012, shootout that resulted in the killing of Ponty and Hardeep "seems to be an event which happened suddenly and unexpectedly".
However, it added charges related to culpable homicide not amounting to murder against Namdhari and his Personal Security Officer Sachin Tyagi.
Ponty Chadha and his brother were killed at a farmhouse in Chhattarpur in south Delhi in a shootout on November 17, 2012, allegedly over a property dispute.
The Delhi Police had filed two chargesheets in the case and levelled murder charges against 21 accused. Ponty and Hardeep were also chargesheeted in the case, but the trial against the brothers has been abated as they both died in the shootout.
The court has given nod to frame various charges against the accused under provisions of the Indian Penal Code, including dacoity, rioting with deadly weapons, house trespass, illegal confinement, kidnapping, causing grievous harm and destruction of evidence.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?