Ponty Chadha murder: Delhi Police take help of forensic experts
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Tuesday took the help of forensic experts to reconstruct the killing of liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother as investigators claimed to have found discrepancies in statements made by arrested former chief of Uttarakhand Minorities Commission Sukhdev Singh Namdhari and his PSO.
The experts from CFSL, which is under CBI, went to the Chattarpur farmhouse this morning along with police officials where they reconstructed the scene, a senior police official said.
Initially, they had taken Sachin Tyagi, the PSO of Namdhari who allegedly opened fire at Ponty`s brother Hardeep, to the spot and later Namdhari.
The CFSL team basically tried to ascertain the tragectory of the bullets fired, based on the statements provided by Namdhari and Tyagi, the official said.
However, the statements and the reconstruction of events made it clear that there were discrepancies, he added.
Delhi Police had alleged Namdhari had opened fire at Ponty`s brother Hardeep during the shootout at Chattarpur on November 17 in which both the brothers were killed. Namdhari had said he did not fire at Hardeep.
Investigators also suspect Namdhari tampered with his gun.
Namdhari`s son, a relative and driver, who allegedly helped him in tampering with the gun, were absconding, police said.
Investigators said only a thorough investigation would make it clear whether Namdhari used only the pistol or any other firearm at the farmhouse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?