‘Ponty Chadha’s brother Hardeep was shot in the back’
New Delhi: As the investigation into the Ponty Chadha shooting case continues, truths are tumbling out in numbers. In the latest revelation, Delhi Police have said that Ponty’s brother Hardeep, who was also killed in the firing, was shot from the back as well.
Citing the post-mortem report, police said that one of the bullets had pierced through Hardeep Chadha’s back.
The revelation has raised a question mark on the theory that Hardeep was shot at “in self-defence”. Police have now begun investigating whether Hardeep was murdered.
Former chairman of Uttarakhand Minorities Commission Sukhdev Singh Namdhari, who had filed an FIR in the shootout case, had said that Hardeep had fired first at his brother Ponty when he arrived at his Chhattarpur farmhouse in South Delhi on November 17 along with his men. Namdhari added that his PSO Sachin Tyagi had fired at Hardeep in self-defence.
Meanwhile, reports today claimed that the Delhi Police has raided properties owned by Namdhari in connection with the case. Reports said the raids were conducted in and around Bazpur late last evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach