‘Ponty Chadha’s brother Hardeep was shot in the back’
New Delhi: As the investigation into the Ponty Chadha shooting case continues, truths are tumbling out in numbers. In the latest revelation, Delhi Police have said that Ponty’s brother Hardeep, who was also killed in the firing, was shot from the back as well.
Citing the post-mortem report, police said that one of the bullets had pierced through Hardeep Chadha’s back.
The revelation has raised a question mark on the theory that Hardeep was shot at “in self-defence”. Police have now begun investigating whether Hardeep was murdered.
Former chairman of Uttarakhand Minorities Commission Sukhdev Singh Namdhari, who had filed an FIR in the shootout case, had said that Hardeep had fired first at his brother Ponty when he arrived at his Chhattarpur farmhouse in South Delhi on November 17 along with his men. Namdhari added that his PSO Sachin Tyagi had fired at Hardeep in self-defence.
Meanwhile, reports today claimed that the Delhi Police has raided properties owned by Namdhari in connection with the case. Reports said the raids were conducted in and around Bazpur late last evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!