‘Ponty Chadha’s brother Hardeep was shot in the back’
New Delhi: As the investigation into the Ponty Chadha shooting case continues, truths are tumbling out in numbers. In the latest revelation, Delhi Police have said that Ponty’s brother Hardeep, who was also killed in the firing, was shot from the back as well.
Citing the post-mortem report, police said that one of the bullets had pierced through Hardeep Chadha’s back.
The revelation has raised a question mark on the theory that Hardeep was shot at “in self-defence”. Police have now begun investigating whether Hardeep was murdered.
Former chairman of Uttarakhand Minorities Commission Sukhdev Singh Namdhari, who had filed an FIR in the shootout case, had said that Hardeep had fired first at his brother Ponty when he arrived at his Chhattarpur farmhouse in South Delhi on November 17 along with his men. Namdhari added that his PSO Sachin Tyagi had fired at Hardeep in self-defence.
Meanwhile, reports today claimed that the Delhi Police has raided properties owned by Namdhari in connection with the case. Reports said the raids were conducted in and around Bazpur late last evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown