Ponty shooting case: Namdhari`s gunner suspended
Dehradun: Sacked Uttarakhand Minorities Commission chief Sukhdev Singh Namdhari`s gunner Sachin Tyagi, whose name cropped up in connection with Ponty Chadha murder case, has been suspended, a senior police official said on Thursday.
"Tyagi has been placed under suspension on the basis of information provided by Delhi Police crime branch under whose custody he is at present," SSP Udhamsinghnagar district Anant Shankar Takwale said.
Tyagi was at Chattarpur farmhouse along with Namdhari at the time of the shootout in which liquor baron Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep were killed. He had allegedly told interrogators that he fired a few shots during the crossfire to defend the sacked minority panel chief, also under Delhi police custody in connection with the case.
A constable of Uttarakhand police, Tyagi hails from Haridwar and was posted as Namdhari`s gunner since December 30, 2010. He had been removed from Namdhari`s security on January 29 this year but was redeployed after a government order on February 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'