Ponty shootout: Namdhari, Tyagi sent to judicial custody till Dec 13
New Delhi: A Delhi court Friday sent Sukhdev Singh Namdhari and his PSO Sachin Tyagi, booked for the murder of Hardeep Singh, brother of slain liquor baron Ponty Chadha, to judicial custody till Dec 13.
The order was pronounced by Metropolitan Magistrate Rajinder Singh.
Namdhari, a witness to the Nov 17 shootout at a farmhouse in south Delhi in which both the brothers were killed, has been booked under Section 302 (murder) of the Indian Penal Code for Hardeep`s killing.
Sacked as chairman of the Uttarakhand Minorities Commission after the Chadha brothers` killings, he was arrested from his farmhouse in Uttarakhand Nov 23.
According to police, Namdhari killed Hardeep Nov 17 in Chhattarpur in a shootout and the pistol used for the killing was seized.
Tyagi, an Uttarakhand Police constable, was arrested for his alleged role in the conspiracy that led to the murders last month.
He has been charged with criminal conspiracy and other offences, a police officer said.
Chadha and his brother were killed at a farmhouse in Chhattarpur in south Delhi in a shootout November 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?