Ponty shootout: Namdhari, Tyagi sent to judicial custody till Dec 13
New Delhi: A Delhi court Friday sent Sukhdev Singh Namdhari and his PSO Sachin Tyagi, booked for the murder of Hardeep Singh, brother of slain liquor baron Ponty Chadha, to judicial custody till Dec 13.
The order was pronounced by Metropolitan Magistrate Rajinder Singh.
Namdhari, a witness to the Nov 17 shootout at a farmhouse in south Delhi in which both the brothers were killed, has been booked under Section 302 (murder) of the Indian Penal Code for Hardeep`s killing.
Sacked as chairman of the Uttarakhand Minorities Commission after the Chadha brothers` killings, he was arrested from his farmhouse in Uttarakhand Nov 23.
According to police, Namdhari killed Hardeep Nov 17 in Chhattarpur in a shootout and the pistol used for the killing was seized.
Tyagi, an Uttarakhand Police constable, was arrested for his alleged role in the conspiracy that led to the murders last month.
He has been charged with criminal conspiracy and other offences, a police officer said.
Chadha and his brother were killed at a farmhouse in Chhattarpur in south Delhi in a shootout November 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!