Poor woman dies battling ‘system’
Rohtak: In a shocking case of apathy by those who are meant to save lives, a 28-year-old woman died battling burn injuries in Haryana, Friday, when her life could have been saved if she could get treated in time.
The poor woman, Soni, wife of a Panipat factory worker, accidently got burnt while cooking at her home on Tuesday evening.
With over 90% burn injuries she was rushed to the civil hospital by her husband Rambir. However, the hospital authorities, instead of providing first-aid to her and admitting her for further treatment, referred her case to the Post-Graduate Institute in far away Rohtak.
And more shockingly, Rambir was asked to furnish his ration card to prove his poverty and make him eligible for the free transportation to Rohtak in the hospital ambulance.
The helpless husband ran helter-skelter for hours seeking help while his wife lay crying with pain. He finally managed to arrange for an NGO’s ambulance to transfer Soni to the PGI.
However, Soni lost the battle, she passed away today morning.
Meanwhile, Haryana Director General of Health Services has given a clean-chit to the doctors of the Panipat civil hospital, saying such incidents are part of everyday life.
Defending the accused doctors, the DG said that the civil hospital staff is not responsible for the victim’s death, but maintained that things need to be fixed in the system.
As usual the government has ordered a probe, but the tragedy of the poor women has left many unanswered and disturbing questions on the depleting humanity in our society.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark