Poor woman dies battling ‘system’
Rohtak: In a shocking case of apathy by those who are meant to save lives, a 28-year-old woman died battling burn injuries in Haryana, Friday, when her life could have been saved if she could get treated in time.
The poor woman, Soni, wife of a Panipat factory worker, accidently got burnt while cooking at her home on Tuesday evening.
With over 90% burn injuries she was rushed to the civil hospital by her husband Rambir. However, the hospital authorities, instead of providing first-aid to her and admitting her for further treatment, referred her case to the Post-Graduate Institute in far away Rohtak.
And more shockingly, Rambir was asked to furnish his ration card to prove his poverty and make him eligible for the free transportation to Rohtak in the hospital ambulance.
The helpless husband ran helter-skelter for hours seeking help while his wife lay crying with pain. He finally managed to arrange for an NGO’s ambulance to transfer Soni to the PGI.
However, Soni lost the battle, she passed away today morning.
Meanwhile, Haryana Director General of Health Services has given a clean-chit to the doctors of the Panipat civil hospital, saying such incidents are part of everyday life.
Defending the accused doctors, the DG said that the civil hospital staff is not responsible for the victim’s death, but maintained that things need to be fixed in the system.
As usual the government has ordered a probe, but the tragedy of the poor women has left many unanswered and disturbing questions on the depleting humanity in our society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre