Poor woman dies battling ‘system’
Rohtak: In a shocking case of apathy by those who are meant to save lives, a 28-year-old woman died battling burn injuries in Haryana, Friday, when her life could have been saved if she could get treated in time.
The poor woman, Soni, wife of a Panipat factory worker, accidently got burnt while cooking at her home on Tuesday evening.
With over 90% burn injuries she was rushed to the civil hospital by her husband Rambir. However, the hospital authorities, instead of providing first-aid to her and admitting her for further treatment, referred her case to the Post-Graduate Institute in far away Rohtak.
And more shockingly, Rambir was asked to furnish his ration card to prove his poverty and make him eligible for the free transportation to Rohtak in the hospital ambulance.
The helpless husband ran helter-skelter for hours seeking help while his wife lay crying with pain. He finally managed to arrange for an NGO’s ambulance to transfer Soni to the PGI.
However, Soni lost the battle, she passed away today morning.
Meanwhile, Haryana Director General of Health Services has given a clean-chit to the doctors of the Panipat civil hospital, saying such incidents are part of everyday life.
Defending the accused doctors, the DG said that the civil hospital staff is not responsible for the victim’s death, but maintained that things need to be fixed in the system.
As usual the government has ordered a probe, but the tragedy of the poor women has left many unanswered and disturbing questions on the depleting humanity in our society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!