Poor woman dies battling ‘system’
Rohtak: In a shocking case of apathy by those who are meant to save lives, a 28-year-old woman died battling burn injuries in Haryana, Friday, when her life could have been saved if she could get treated in time.
The poor woman, Soni, wife of a Panipat factory worker, accidently got burnt while cooking at her home on Tuesday evening.
With over 90% burn injuries she was rushed to the civil hospital by her husband Rambir. However, the hospital authorities, instead of providing first-aid to her and admitting her for further treatment, referred her case to the Post-Graduate Institute in far away Rohtak.
And more shockingly, Rambir was asked to furnish his ration card to prove his poverty and make him eligible for the free transportation to Rohtak in the hospital ambulance.
The helpless husband ran helter-skelter for hours seeking help while his wife lay crying with pain. He finally managed to arrange for an NGO’s ambulance to transfer Soni to the PGI.
However, Soni lost the battle, she passed away today morning.
Meanwhile, Haryana Director General of Health Services has given a clean-chit to the doctors of the Panipat civil hospital, saying such incidents are part of everyday life.
Defending the accused doctors, the DG said that the civil hospital staff is not responsible for the victim’s death, but maintained that things need to be fixed in the system.
As usual the government has ordered a probe, but the tragedy of the poor women has left many unanswered and disturbing questions on the depleting humanity in our society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title