Portugal’s Foreign Minister to arrive in India today
New Delhi: Portugal’s Foreign Affairs Minister Paulo de Sacadura Cabral Portas will arrive here on a five-day official visit on Sunday.
He will be accompanied by Minister of State for Culture of Portugal Jorge Barreto Xavier and a business delegation.
During his stay in New Delhi, he will hold talks with External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid.
Both sides will discuss bilateral, regional and global issues of mutual interest.
The Portugal Foreign Affairs Minister with his delegation will also visit Mumbai and Goa.
India and Portugal share a warm and friendly bilateral relationship. Portugal is home to the third largest population of people of Indian origin in Europe.
The two countries share common perspectives on a wide variety of issues in the global arena. The visit would strengthen the existing friendly ties and provide a filling to bilateral cooperation especially in the economic and cultural arena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says