Portugal’s Foreign Minister to arrive in India today
New Delhi: Portugal’s Foreign Affairs Minister Paulo de Sacadura Cabral Portas will arrive here on a five-day official visit on Sunday.
He will be accompanied by Minister of State for Culture of Portugal Jorge Barreto Xavier and a business delegation.
During his stay in New Delhi, he will hold talks with External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid.
Both sides will discuss bilateral, regional and global issues of mutual interest.
The Portugal Foreign Affairs Minister with his delegation will also visit Mumbai and Goa.
India and Portugal share a warm and friendly bilateral relationship. Portugal is home to the third largest population of people of Indian origin in Europe.
The two countries share common perspectives on a wide variety of issues in the global arena. The visit would strengthen the existing friendly ties and provide a filling to bilateral cooperation especially in the economic and cultural arena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon