Portugal’s Foreign Minister to arrive in India today
New Delhi: Portugal’s Foreign Affairs Minister Paulo de Sacadura Cabral Portas will arrive here on a five-day official visit on Sunday.
He will be accompanied by Minister of State for Culture of Portugal Jorge Barreto Xavier and a business delegation.
During his stay in New Delhi, he will hold talks with External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid.
Both sides will discuss bilateral, regional and global issues of mutual interest.
The Portugal Foreign Affairs Minister with his delegation will also visit Mumbai and Goa.
India and Portugal share a warm and friendly bilateral relationship. Portugal is home to the third largest population of people of Indian origin in Europe.
The two countries share common perspectives on a wide variety of issues in the global arena. The visit would strengthen the existing friendly ties and provide a filling to bilateral cooperation especially in the economic and cultural arena.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah