Positive action on Liberhan recommendations: Govt
New Delhi: Government on Tuesday said it has
accepted all the recommendations made by the Liberhan
Commission in the backdrop of the Babri Masjid demolition and
"positive action" would be taken on them.
"We have not rejected the recommendations. Each and
every recommendation has been accepted and noted. The
government is bound to take positive action," Law Minister
Veerappa Moily said here.
He said the government may go beyond recommendations
and "pick up from the conclusions" also.
Asked what action Government was contemplating, Moily
said, "It has already formulated the Action Taken report
(ATR). The Liberhan Commission is a fact-finding mission and
further to that each ministry is expected to take on that and
"ATR is clearly indictment of 68 persons, who are
responsible for all this episode. ATR also contains offences
which one has collected. Government has to take positive
action," he added.
The Law Minister said, "The country needs justice" as
demolition of the disputed structure had eroded and done
irreparable damage to the secular and democratic fabric of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!