Positive talks on with China over border dispute: Khurshid
Farrukhabad: "Positive" talks are on with China over the border dispute, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid has said, hoping that desired results would be achieved.
"Positive talks are going on over the border dispute with China and we hope that desired results would come from them," Khurshid, who was here in his parliamentary constituency, told reporters yesterday.
He hoped that the new leadership in China will facilitate bilateral talks.
On the fate of Sarabjit Singh, who has been sentenced to death in Pakistan, after the execution of 26/11 Mumbai carnage convict Ajmal Kasab, he said the two cases were totally different.
"Kasab was a terrorist whom Pakistan was not ready to accept as its citizen and also did not claim his body while we have been accepting Sarabjit as our national right from the beginning," he said.
"Sarabjit is in Pakistani jail for 20 years now and in this way he has already completed the term of life sentence...We had talked to Pakistan on his death sentence following which it has been put on hold," Khurshid said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP