Positive talks on with China over border dispute: Khurshid
Farrukhabad: "Positive" talks are on with China over the border dispute, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid has said, hoping that desired results would be achieved.
"Positive talks are going on over the border dispute with China and we hope that desired results would come from them," Khurshid, who was here in his parliamentary constituency, told reporters yesterday.
He hoped that the new leadership in China will facilitate bilateral talks.
On the fate of Sarabjit Singh, who has been sentenced to death in Pakistan, after the execution of 26/11 Mumbai carnage convict Ajmal Kasab, he said the two cases were totally different.
"Kasab was a terrorist whom Pakistan was not ready to accept as its citizen and also did not claim his body while we have been accepting Sarabjit as our national right from the beginning," he said.
"Sarabjit is in Pakistani jail for 20 years now and in this way he has already completed the term of life sentence...We had talked to Pakistan on his death sentence following which it has been put on hold," Khurshid said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’