Positive talks on with China over border dispute: Khurshid
Farrukhabad: "Positive" talks are on with China over the border dispute, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid has said, hoping that desired results would be achieved.
"Positive talks are going on over the border dispute with China and we hope that desired results would come from them," Khurshid, who was here in his parliamentary constituency, told reporters yesterday.
He hoped that the new leadership in China will facilitate bilateral talks.
On the fate of Sarabjit Singh, who has been sentenced to death in Pakistan, after the execution of 26/11 Mumbai carnage convict Ajmal Kasab, he said the two cases were totally different.
"Kasab was a terrorist whom Pakistan was not ready to accept as its citizen and also did not claim his body while we have been accepting Sarabjit as our national right from the beginning," he said.
"Sarabjit is in Pakistani jail for 20 years now and in this way he has already completed the term of life sentence...We had talked to Pakistan on his death sentence following which it has been put on hold," Khurshid said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Can you believe it? Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh danced to 'Dilli Wali Girlfriend' setting the party on fire!- WATCH
- Arshad Warsi all set to don director's hat!
- GST Bill: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers on Tuesday
- 'Madaari' Box Office collections: Irrfan Khan starrer mints Rs 5.75 crores
- Narsingh Yadav cries foul after dope test shock, says truth will come out