Positive talks on with China over border dispute: Khurshid
Farrukhabad: "Positive" talks are on with China over the border dispute, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid has said, hoping that desired results would be achieved.
"Positive talks are going on over the border dispute with China and we hope that desired results would come from them," Khurshid, who was here in his parliamentary constituency, told reporters yesterday.
He hoped that the new leadership in China will facilitate bilateral talks.
On the fate of Sarabjit Singh, who has been sentenced to death in Pakistan, after the execution of 26/11 Mumbai carnage convict Ajmal Kasab, he said the two cases were totally different.
"Kasab was a terrorist whom Pakistan was not ready to accept as its citizen and also did not claim his body while we have been accepting Sarabjit as our national right from the beginning," he said.
"Sarabjit is in Pakistani jail for 20 years now and in this way he has already completed the term of life sentence...We had talked to Pakistan on his death sentence following which it has been put on hold," Khurshid said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor