`Possibility of Jihadis,Talibans infiltrating into India, Pak`
Chennai: With United States withdrawing its
troops from Afghanistan there was possibility of Jihadis and
Talibans infiltrating into India and Pakistan, a senior
official of the Indian Air Force said here today.
"With the US withdrawing its forces from Afghanistan,
Jihadis and Talibans infiltrating into India and Pakistan
cannot be ruled out", Air Commodore Arjun Subramaniam, Air
Headquarters, New Delhi, said today.
"If that happens, Taliban can get back to Kashmir and expand
the proxy war", he said.
Stating that the country needs to be equipped to deter
Pakistan from entering into a proxy war, he said good
governance and perception management were the need of the
hour in Jammu and Kashmir.
"Deterrance, governance and perception management should be
coercive in bringing normalcy to Kashmir", he said at a
seminar on "Conflict in Kashmir: Challenges Ahead" organised
by department of Defence and Strategic Studies at the
University of Madras here today.
Terming that the dialogue between Pakistan and India has
become "intractable", Lieutenant General Prakash Menon said
"good governance is a tough challenge today.. but only it
would take care all of us (particularly in Jammu and
Kashmir)..", he said.
Major General Rajavelu,Officers Training Academy, Chennai,
in his address said all the Armed forces units were asked to
be "sensitive" in addressing the needs of people (of
Jammu and Kashmir).
He recalled that during his tenure in Jammu and Kashmir,
there was no proper road connectivity and even no telephone
"Today you talk about 3G and 4G coming in.. But for 40,000
people in a valley of Jammu and Kashmir, there was no
telephone", he said, adding that after writing a letter to the
then Union IT and Communication Minister Dayanidhi Maran the
issue was sorted out saying the Ministry assured of providing
a telephone exchange.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days