Post 26/11, `Kuber` becomes untouchable for fishermen
Ahmedabad: Fishing trawler `Kuber`, which
was hijacked and used by Pakistani terrorists to reach Mumbai
and unleash terror in November 2008, has been lying useless as
nobody wants to use it, the vessel`s owner said.
The boat was on a fishing trip in the Arabian Sea when it
was hijacked by the terrorists and used to reach the Mumbai
Two years after the 26/11 terror attacks, the trawler is
lying at Porbandar shores unused, `Kuber` owner Vinod Masani
told PTI by phone today from the port city in Gujarat.
"Nobody wants to take this boat for fishing in the sea,"
Masani rued and demanded compensation for the loss.
"My appeal to the government is to provide the owner of
the boat some compensation as nobody wants to use it anymore
(because of association with the attacks," he said.
There were five fishermen, including captain Amarsinh
Solanki, onboard Kuber when it was hijacked by the terrorists,
who brutally killed Solanki and abandoned the boat near
Mumbai. Bodies of the other fishermen were never found.
"Families of the fishermen killed by the terrorists were
compensated by the local community. I, too, compensated their
families. But I have not received any help from the government
till date," he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail