Post mortem of DSP says one bullet injury, wife claims 3
Lucknow: The post mortem examination report of the DSP, Zia-ul-Haq, has revealed a dozen injury marks, including a bullet injury, while the wife of the slain officer has rejected the report claiming that her husband was shot three bullets.
"According to the post mortem report, there were 12 injuury marks, including lacerated wound, abrasion and entry and exit bullet mark," IG Law and Order Rajkumar Vishwakarma told reporters here.
He said that the bullet injury was on the midline on the back of chest with exit on the right of the chest.
On the question of Haq`s wife demand for a second autopsy, the IG said it depends on the investigating officer and there was permission of the court was needed.
Parveen Azad, wife of the slain officer, has said she saw several bullet wounds on her husband`s body.
"Now the case will be investigated by the CBI," he said.
The Uttar Pradesh government had sent a letter requesting for a CBI probe into the killing of the DSP.
"The state government has sent a letter to the centre in connection with the CBI inquiry into the Pratapgarh case," ADG law and order had told newspersons here.
The ADG said that all the four FIRs filed would be handed over to the CBI.
As for the post mortem examination, the ADG had said that only one bullet injury was found on the body of slain Deputy SP Zia-ul-Haq in the report by a panel of three doctors.
"The report states that one bullet was fired on the chest from the back side which passed through the front and so its bore was not known and the hunt for the bullet was on.
"Until the bullet is found nothing can be said whether it was fired from the service revolver or not," the ADG had said adding that there were no other gunshot injuries on his body.
The post mortem examination on the pradhan Nanhe Yadav has found two bullet injuries from a .315 bore gun and a country made weapon while his brother Suresh Yadav`s body bore pellet injury marks on the groin, the ADG said.
"In the case of 12 bore shots at times it could be told, but in the case of other bores where the bullet went through the body it was hard to tell," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know