Post Pune blasts, police check Anna fast venue
New Delhi: A day after Pune serial blasts, explosive experts on Thursday examined the venue here where social activist Anna Hazare and his colleagues are on fast.
A Delhi Police bomb disposal squad reached the site around 7.30 am and combed the area, police said.
Among those on fast are Hazare, Arvind Kejrival, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai. While Hazare started his hunger strike July 29, the other three have been on fast since July 25.
Team Anna is seeking the passage of the Jan Lokpal Bill by Parliament apart from setting up special teams to probe corruption charges against 14 ministers in the central government.
This is Hazare`s third indefinite fast for a Jan Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list