Post Pune blasts, police check Anna fast venue
New Delhi: A day after Pune serial blasts, explosive experts on Thursday examined the venue here where social activist Anna Hazare and his colleagues are on fast.
A Delhi Police bomb disposal squad reached the site around 7.30 am and combed the area, police said.
Among those on fast are Hazare, Arvind Kejrival, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai. While Hazare started his hunger strike July 29, the other three have been on fast since July 25.
Team Anna is seeking the passage of the Jan Lokpal Bill by Parliament apart from setting up special teams to probe corruption charges against 14 ministers in the central government.
This is Hazare`s third indefinite fast for a Jan Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Barack Obama does not see major, cataclysmic changes after Brexit
- Mumbai: Youth performs daredevil stunt atop local train - Watch video
- You cannot afford to miss these monsoon destinations in India!
- Prince Harry joins Coldplay onstage at Kensington Palace gig
- 7th Pay Commission: Know the key recommendations cleared by Cabinet