Post Pune blasts, police check Anna fast venue
New Delhi: A day after Pune serial blasts, explosive experts on Thursday examined the venue here where social activist Anna Hazare and his colleagues are on fast.
A Delhi Police bomb disposal squad reached the site around 7.30 am and combed the area, police said.
Among those on fast are Hazare, Arvind Kejrival, Manish Sisodia and Gopal Rai. While Hazare started his hunger strike July 29, the other three have been on fast since July 25.
Team Anna is seeking the passage of the Jan Lokpal Bill by Parliament apart from setting up special teams to probe corruption charges against 14 ministers in the central government.
This is Hazare`s third indefinite fast for a Jan Lokpal Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply