Postal Department to bring RTI stamp soon
Tiruchirapalli: RTI applicants will no longer have to wait to get their applications processed as the Department of Posts is all set to bring out an RTI stamp for sale soon and also set up special counters, according to a senior officer.
"Under orders of the Central Information Commission, the department will issue RTI stamps in the denomination of Rs 10. We will also introduce special counters to accept applications in all 1.5 lakh post offices across the country," the officer speaking on condition of anonymity, told a news agency.
Visitors will no longer have to wait at post offices or face problems in depositing RTI fees, photocopying charges as the CIC directions will be enforced, he said.
He said CIC had also asked central government departments to instruct all Information Officers to accept postal orders, Demand Drafts and banker`s cheques payable to accounts officers and not reject applications on `flimsy grounds` like every department incurs Rs 22 towards bank charges and commission to encash postal orders worth Rs 10.
He said post offices are gearing up to impart adequate training to staff for processing the applications.
Chief Information Commissioner Satyanandan Mishra had issued a series of directions on receipt of a complaint by an information seeker. After deliberating the pros and cons, suitable orders have been issued to the postal services, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state